The best of both worlds. Recirculation of up to 65% of the water volume. For hatcheries with sufficient access to fresh water, as well as for post-smolt and ongrowing facilities without access to raw water of a suitable temperature, and where controlled water temperature is desired. An Artec Aqua Hybrid System™ is the most cost-effective solution where the raw water needs to be heated.
From a technical point of view, an Artec Aqua Hybrid System™ is much the same as an Artec Aqua Flowthrough System™. The only difference is the CO2 aerator.
The main component in an Artec Aqua Hybrid System™ is the DeGasso CO2 device that we have developed ourselves.
- High water quality
- DeGasso CO2 ensures effective removal of carbon dioxide. As a result, the hybrid system uses just 35% of the water volume needed in a flowthrough system
- Each tank has its own CO2 aerator, which means the tank remains a separate infection zone
- Water always remains at the desired temperature
- Considerably higher level of biosecurity than with RAS
- Optimal biosecurity, no risk of hydrogen sulphide (H2S)
- Simple and operationally reliable, with easy-to-follow procedures and supervision